Thursday, November 16, 2017

Constant by Rachel Higginson

Constant (The Confidence Game Book 1) by [Higginson, Rachel]

Publisher: Reckless Siren Publishing

 Fifteen years ago I met Sayer Wesley. I fell in love with him. I promised I would never leave him. I swore nothing could break us apart.

Five years ago I broke my promise. I ran away. I took the one secret that could destroy us both and disappeared.

Five days ago I thought I saw him.

I knew it was impossible. Sayer was locked away, serving a deserved sentence in federal prison. He couldn’t find me.

He wouldn’t find me. I was too good at hiding. Too good at surviving.

Because if Sayer ever found me, there would be hell to pay for a plethora of sins. The worst of which, he didn’t even know about yet.


Five hours ago, I told myself I was crazy.

Five minutes ago, I saw him again.

Five seconds ago, I was too late.

Teaser 
His mouth was on mine before I could answer. Bruising, punishing… defeating me. I was so surprised I could only stand there and let him kiss me.
But that didn’t stop him. His lips moved over mine in a way they never had before. This wasn’t the sweet, gentle familiar of kids that had fallen in love as kids. This was a man that had spent five years in prison alone, abandoned, hardened. This was his shocking transformation on display. His muscled arms and broad chest. His darker, more serious eyes and the hard, chiseled jaw. This was the man that had gone through hell and survived.
“Come on, Caro,” he growled against my lips, shaking my arms roughly at the same time. “Fight back.”
My mouth responded before my brain could figure out what he meant. On a gasp, his tongue was in my mouth, coaxing me to kiss him back, reminding me of how explosive we were together, seducing me into a world I did not want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment