Sunday, June 21, 2015

Wendy's Review: The Ghost Files by Apryl Baker

18296529
211 pages
Published August 13th 2013 by Limitless Publishing


Soon to be a major motion picture!

Cherry blossom lipstick: check 
Smokey eyes: check 
Skinny jeans: check
Dead kid in the mirror: check 

For sixteen year old Mattie Hathaway, this is her normal everyday routine. She’s been able to see ghosts since her mother tried to murder her when she was five years old. No way does she want anyone to know she can talk to spooks. Being a foster kid is hard enough without being labeled a freak too. 

Normally, she just ignores the ghosts and they go away. That is until she see’s the ghost of her foster sister… Sally. 

Everyone thinks Sally’s just another runaway, but Mattie knows the truth—she’s dead. Murdered. Mattie feels like she has to help Sally, but she can’t do it alone. Against her better judgment, she teams up with a young policeman, Officer Dan, and together they set out to discover the real truth behind Sally’s disappearance. 

Only to find out she’s dealing with a much bigger problem, a serial killer, and she may be the next victim… 

Will Mattie be able to find out the truth before the killer finds her?


Ok, so I read the reviews on this one before I bought it and I have to say that I didn't have a problem with the lead character Mattie. Amused yes, but I didn't feel that she was 'into herself' like so many other reviewers did. I did feel however that 'the foster kid' thing was a repetitive thing that could of been said once or twice and then left alone. It was brought up frequently enough that I was like ALRIGHT ALREADY but I continued to read. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and its twistedness, not sure that I would want YA to read some of the graphic nature of some of the ghosts BUT that's my opinion. And you kind of know what you are getting into right from chapter one. I kind of wish that Mattie would of been made older in the storyline ONLY because of the induction of feelings for her BF and then the friendship she has with Dan. Sorry, just my feelings...instead of 15 she should of been maybe 17 and on the verge of 18, just saying. Still a good read for me though, won't be a waste of money or time.
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1I8BeVA
Books-s-Million: http://bit.ly/1GgQ5su


So who am I? Well, I'm the crazy girl with an imagination that never shuts up. I LOVE scary movies. My friends laugh at me when I scare myself watching them and tell me to stop watching them, but who doesn't love to get scared? I grew up in a small town nestled in the southern mountains of West Virginia where I spent days roaming around in the woods, climbing trees, and causing general mayhem. Nights I would stay up reading Nancy Drew by flashlight under the covers until my parents yelled at me to go to sleep.

Growing up in a small town, I learned a lot of values and morals, I also learned parents have spies everywhere and there's always someone to tell your mama on you. So when you get grounded, what is there left to do? Read! My Aunt Jo gave me my first real romance novel. It was a romance titled "Lord Margrave's Deception." I remember it fondly. But I also learned I had a deep and abiding love of mysteries and anything paranormal. As I grew up, I started to write just that and would entertain my friends with stories featuring them as main characters.

Now, I live Huntersville, NC where I entertain my family and watch the cats get teased by the birds and laugh myself silly when they swoop down and then dive back up just out of reach. The cats start yelling something fierce...lol.

I love books, I love writing books, and I love entertaining people with my silly stories.

You can reach me at any of these places:
Blog: http://apryl-baker.blogspot.com/
Twitter:@AprylBaker
The Promise Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO2zTi...

PS: DO NOT GET IN MY WAY IF THERE IS A SALE ON AT TARGET - my home away from home!








No comments:

Post a Comment