Saturday, May 7, 2016

Candi's Review: Southern Perfection by Casey Peeler



20959223

Published January 13th 2015 by Casey Peeler 
(first published August 10th 2014)





**Updated Synopsis for re-release on 1/13/15**

Life is full of choices: good, bad, and ones you can’t control. 

Raegan strives to be perfect in every way. Varsity cheerleader, honor student, and proud granddaughter of Dover Lowery. By day, Raegan is an over-achieving high school student, but at three o’clock, her real work begins. 

What happens when appearances are not what they seem? Will Raegan be able to hold on to her life as she knows it, or will she be left all alone? 

All of these questions are answered with one night, one song, one story, and one boy. 



Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1O4W5xU



What an absolutely amazing book!! I loved it and from the very first page I was hooked. Once I started reading I did not want to put it down. Life for Raegan gets flipped upside from the age of 5. Visiting her grandparents is something she loved but after she loses her parents and her grandmother in an accident she knows this visit will be more than just that....it will now be her home. Her grandfather Dover is her world, her everything. Never wanting to let him down she is the happy good girl everyone loves and admires. She has no time for boys, her grandad is the only man she needs in her life........that is until Emmett Bridges comes back to town. The boy who unknowingly changed her life when her parents died with such a small gesture. Will she let him into her heart? When her world begins to crumble will she push him away or will Emmett prove no matter how hard she tries to push him, he isn't going anywhere?

I loved the relationship between Regan and her grandfather, I can relate to how she feels only for me it was my grandmother. She was my whole world and I was hers. I loved spending time with her. Being with her was the best feeling in the whole world. I spent every summer with her growing up along with alot of my cousins and if you ask anyone in my family what their greatest childhood memory was they will tell you it was being with her and spending time at her house. My grandma got diagnosed with cancer when I young, I remember being told she only had 6 months to live several times but she was the strongest and bravest woman I know and she always beat it. She got cancer in her legs....she beat it. She got it in her stomach....she beat it. She got a brain anurism and had to have major surgery....she beat it but finally she was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphomia. She fought as hard as she could, she held on as long as possible but Christmas 2002 would be the last holiday holiday I would get to spend with her because in January we got the call that the end was near. I remember sitting by her side for those last few days just talking to her. Could she hear me? I don't know but I believe she could. It's been 13 years since she passed and I still miss her everyday. She was and still is my sunshine!!

This is such a beautiful and emotional book. You will laugh and you will cry. You will feel everything the characters feel and you will fall in love with them. I loved getting both Emmett and Raegan's POV. I love getting in their heads and seeing how each one truly feels and what they are thinking. 

This is the first book of Casey Peeler's I have read but it will not be my last!! The past weekend I got to meet Casey at the #RAI2016 (Roanoke Author Invasion) and I purchased this book from her and I am so glad I did. Casey is now def one of my fav new authors and I can't wait for #RAI2017 so I can go totally fan girl crazy over her and purchase more of her books!! If you have not read this book or any of Casey's books for that matter what are you waiting for?? Get to one clicking....thats what I am off to do now!!




No comments:

Post a Comment