Sunday, August 17, 2014

Wendy's Review: The Search by Kelley Grealis


 
The Search (Book 2 in The Descendant Vampire Series)
Allison Carmichael is thirsty for blood and hungry for answers.
Lured away from her illicit extracurricular activities by news about her kidnapped husband, Allison rejoins her adopted family that’s promised to help her find him. Allison's search is detoured, however, by sinister vampire politics, the seeming good will of her fanged family, and the return of her nemesis. Circumstances unfold that shatter the foundation of her world.
In order to successfully play the game she has been thrust into, Allison must battle loss and betrayal and accept unexpected love.
THE SEARCH is on for answers, but when answers are found, will they be what Allison was looking for?

 

“I’ve already told you once and I’m going to tell you again – no. Now please get off the property before I call the police.”
Gabriela tried closing the door again but my foot didn’t budge. I stared directly into her eyes. “You will let me into this house,” I commanded, but Gabriela’s eyes didn’t react to my persuasion. I was confused as to what was going on; this had worked on every human I had tried it on. “You will let me in this house.”
“No…I…won’t.”
I tilted my head in disbelief and Gabriela mockingly tilted her head back at me. I removed my foot from the doorway but had no intention of letting her shut me out. I was going to let her think for the slightest of moments that she had won this argument. I turned to walk away when I heard, “Ali-gator.”
I turned around and as Gabriela was shutting the door asked, “What did you just say?”
Gabriela rattled off something in Spanish before saying, “I didn’t say anything.”
“Yes you did. You whispered ‘Ali-gator.’”
“Um, no I didn’t.” “My husband used to call me that.”
“Okay lady, you’re losing your mind.” She twirled her finger next to her temple as she whistled cuckoo.
If I could have breathed fire I would have in that moment. I charged Gabriela but before I could reach her I felt like I had hit a brick wall. I placed my hands out in front of me but they couldn’t cross the threshold. Gabriela’s smirk irritated me.
“I told you I wouldn’t let you enter,” she taunted and slammed the door.


This book picks up right where the first one left off. You find out what is going on with Allison and how her life has been since she changed. The loose ends are quickly tied up and you are spun into another 'chapter' of her undead life. This book was a non-stop read for me and it moved at a much faster pace then the first. I had a few "what?" moments and 'didn't see that one' while reading this sequel. If you liked the first one, you will love the second....now off to the third in this series!!



What do most people do when they go through a midlife crisis – buy a sports car or get a makeover? Not Kelley Grealis. Her career midlife crisis reignited her passion for creative writing.
A worker-bee by day, writer by night, Kelley is the author of The Descendant Vampire Series. When she’s not writing, she enjoys spending time with her husband and their two cats, riding her Harley, enjoying what few days of sunshine there are in Cleveland, and dreaming up the next story she wants to tell. Kelley is a graduate of both Baldwin Wallace College and Cleveland State University. Connect with her at http://www.KelleyGrealis.com
Kelley Grealis
Author of The Descendant Vampire Series


No comments:

Post a Comment