Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wendy's Review: What's Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn

18480026
ebook329 pages
Published December 12th 2013 by Amanda Maxlyn, LLC 



Life works in mysterious ways.

Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer.

I refuse to cry.

And I refuse to give in.

A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me.

He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile.

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him.

What if it changes everything?

Tragedy found me when I was seventeen.

Love found me when I was twenty-one.

My name is Aundrea McCall, and this is my journey. (




Amanda Maxlyn leaves you feeling raw with her writing. This book is simply unlike anything I have ever read before with the views of the cancer patient. She not only touches the ice berg, she digs into it and breaks off all sorts of chunks! There is such an in depth description of Aundrea and her life with cancer that you can only imagine how the authors own life has been touched by cancer in some way. This story is not for the faint of heart. There are parts that make you laugh out loud but plenty of parts that will send you searching for the tissues! I loved every part of this story...from Aundrea's "I want to finally live" "cancer be damned" attitude to Parker's just "wanting to love her no matter what" attitude. My hat goes off to this author and her extraordinary tale of Aundrea's life!!It feels so real that you want to go hug Aundrea yourself! 








No comments:

Post a Comment