Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: After the Kiss by Karen Ranney

After the Kiss by Karen Ranney
Published in 2009
Buy Kindle version on Amazon

Description:
No longer the proper English wife she always was, Margaret kissed a handsome stranger.Now the dashing earl will not rest until the beautiful widow he held in his arms so briefly is his forever.

My Review:
I can honestly say that I did not want to finish this book. I just could not get drawn into the story at all.  The Characters were ok, the romance was ok, but the story was blah.   I only finished because I don't like to have unfinished books and I hoped and hoped it would get better.
The widow of a bookstore owner and a Earl come together, by him arranging to meet her after briefly seeing her outside a party.  She was trying to sell Journals to a friend of the earl's.  Their relationship grew only because he tracked her down and basically kiddnapped her from her cottage for a week.  Oh, she was willing but it was still kiddnapping.  Her ex-brother in law was out to harm/kill her for the Journals.  
Its just written strangely, in simple terms.  I did not like it, but to each his/her own.
I don't recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment