Monday, December 3, 2012

Review-A Lady Risks All, By Stephanie Laurens

 A Lady Risks All by Stephanie Laurens

  Description:
Neville Roscoe, notorious and enigmatic, lives resolutely outside society, bound only by his own code of honor - until challenged by his desire for the one woman he cannot have.

Miranda Clifford is a lady imprisoned by rigid respectability - until tempted by a passion beyond her power to deny.

Flung together in peril, through danger and intrigue, they discover a love impossible to ignore ... or keep.



My Review

I liked the story of Miranda Clifford and Neville Roscoe. I enjoyed how the story flowed and little details came out. All the secrets weren't written at once.
Miranda sneaks into Roscoe's house following her brother cause she was afraid he was up to no good. Roscoe allowed her to secretly view the meeting that was being held at his house regarding charities.
A few days later Mr. Clifford was kidnapped and Miranda ran to Roscoe for help. Over the course of retrieving Mr. Clifford and his recovery Miranda and Roscoe fall in love.

I also enjoyed the story of Mr. Roderick Clifford and Lucius Clifford (villain). I loved the advice the ladies in Roscoe's family gave Miranda. And the strength Miranda showed throughout the book and took charge of her life in the end.
Very good read, I love Stephanie Laurens, but this book does not compete with her Cynster Novels.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I have only read the 3 Cynster sisters novels & loved them! I bought this one, but haven't gotten to it yet, but I am sure I will like it. Some day, hopefully in the near future, I would like to start the Cynsters from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read a good bit of the Cynster novels and they are good. Glad you liked my review, hope you enjoy this latest book.

      Delete