Chasing Olivia by Micalea Smeltzer
With a groan, I sat up. What the heck was going on? It had to be the middle of the night.
I climbed from the bed to investigate the strange sound. I couldn’t decide if it was someone knocking on the apartment door or something else. The noise was strange…
Once I was out of the bedroom, it was easy to deduce that the noise was, indeed, someone at the door. But they definitely weren’t knocking on it with their fist. It sounded more like they were using their whole body…or head…
Scared to go to the door—because let’s face it, I wasn’t exactly the strongest person on the planet—I went to wake up Trace.
“Trace,” I pushed his shoulder, trying to rouse him from sleep. “Trace,” I shook him a bit harder.
“Huh?” His eyes cracked open a bit, just a thin slit of green showing through.
“There’s someone at the door,” I hissed.
“What time is it?” He rubbed his eyes, yawning.
“Two,” I muttered, looking at the clock beside the bed. “I don’t know who it is and I’m scared to open the door,” I admitted reluctantly, playing with the ends of my hair.
He sat up and rolled out of bed, pulling on a pair of jeans, which he left unbuttoned. “I’ll check it out,” he assured me, kissing the end of my nose.
I tiptoed behind him and out of the bedroom. He undid the deadbolt and slowly opened the door.
Whoever was standing there fell into his arms.
“Avery?” I gasped, taking in the vibrant red hair.
“Mhmmmmitsme,” she slurred drunkenly.
Since she seemed to have lost the ability to move her legs, Trace picked her up, and gently laid her down on the couch.
I grabbed a bottle of water before kneeling beside her. She was completely wasted and the dress she’d worn to Nick and Nora’s wedding was ruined. It was covered in grass and mud stains, as was her body.
My eyes widened, zeroing in on something wrapped around her neck. I gasped when I realized what it was.
“Avery! Why is your underwear around your neck?” I bit my lip to hold back laughter. I mean, it wasn’t every day your best friend showed up at your place drunk with underwear around her neck.
“Huh?” She looked at me with bleary eyes and fingered the silky string of fabric around her neck. “Must have taken em’ off.”
“Obviously,” I snorted. “What were you doing?”
“I’m pretty sure it involved beer and sex in a field…by the way, don’t ever try that,” she warned Trace and me, pointing at us with a shaky finger, “it really itches.”
1. Lost at Sea-Zedd feat. Ryan Tedder
2. Gotta Be Tonight-Lifehouse
3. Highway Don't Care-Tim McGraw
4. Long Hot Summer-Keith Urban
5. Never Gonna Let You Go-Tony Lucca
6. Home-Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeroes
7. Light Me Up-Hunter Hayes
8. Best I Ever Had-Gavin Degraw
9. Mirrors-Boyce Avenue feat. Fifth Harmony
10. Wake Me Up-Avicii
11. Just a Dream-Nelly
12. Live for the Night-Krewella
13. Neon Lights-Demi Lovato
14. Burn-Ellie Goulding
15. Skin-Zola Jesus
16. Here with Me-Robot Koch feat. Susie Suh
17. Hear Ya Say-Tony Lucca
18. In the Air-Morgan Page
19. Made in the USA-Demi Lovato
21. Battle Scars-Lupe Fiasco & Guy Sebastian
22. Burning Bridges (Acoustic)-One Republic
23. Something I Need-One Republic
24. We Own the Night-The Wanted
25. First Time-Jonas Brothers
27. Pieces-Andrew Belle
28. Mirrors (Radio Edit)-Justin Timberlake
29. Fall Down-will.i.am feat. Miley Cyrus
30. Safe and Sound-Capital Cities
31. Let Her Go-Passenger
32. Who's Gonna Save Us-Gavin DeGraw
34. Marry Me-Jason Derulo
35. God Gave Me You-Blake Shelton
36. Carry Me-Morgan Page
37. Turning Page-Sleeping at Last
38. Blown Away-Carrie Underwood
39. Over the Rainbow-Jason Castro
40. I Believe-Timeflies
41. Aw Naw-Chris Young
42. Compass-Lady Antebellum
43. Love Don't Die-The Fray
44. Story of My Life-One Direction
45. All I Need-AWOLNATION
46. American Girl-Bonnie McKee
47. Cruise-Florida Georgia Line
48. Starry Eyed-Ellie Goulding
49. The Last Time-Taylor Swift feat. Gary Lightbody
50. Who Would've Known-Lee DeWyze
Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNMGKb6xPQ
About the Author:
Micalea Smeltzer is an author from Virginia. Her name is pronounced Muh-call-e-uh. She is permanently glued to her computer, where she constantly writes. She has to listen to music when she writes and has a playlist for every book she’s ever started. When she’s not writing, she can be found reading a book or playing with her three dogs.
You can email Micalea at:
Like her facebook page to stay updated on all the latest book news:
Follow her on twitter:
Finding Olivia Amazon US
Chasing Olivia Amazon US: