Friday, April 4, 2014

Review: Kismet by A.E. Woodward

18801880

Length: 312 pages
Published February 2014 



Katie’s world came crashing down in an instant.

Her husband, daughter, and unborn baby. . . all gone in a flash. The life that she’d come to know, gone before she ever really got to live it.

With a broken heart, she deals the only way she knows how, by shutting it all off. No communicating, no feelings, just pure nothingness.

Alone with nothing but her own thoughts and a well meaning family, she moves back to her childhood home, a horse farm. It’s there that she finds herself healing along with the horses her family rehabilitates. But when Parker McKenzie comes back into her life she’s reminded of all that went wrong, and all that she lost.

Will Katie ever begin to heal? Or will her secrets and loss be too much for her to overcome?

Perhaps, this is her kismet



 I don't even know where to start other than with....WOW!!!!!! I knew from reading the synopsis on this book it would be a tearjerker but I was so not prepared for what total heartbreak this book would really be. My emotions are all over the place!!

Katie had it all, a loving husband, a beautiful daughter, and a baby boy on the way to complete their family. In the blink of an eye, she loses it all. An accident crumbles Katie's whole world and causes her to shut herself off from everything and everyone. No stranger to grief, Katie is completely shut down and mute. Nothing her parents or brother Tommy try to do will bring her out of it, that is until Parker.

"Being alone with these familiar feelings-the anxiety, the guilt, the sadness-reminds me of that little girl I once was. The one who had withdrawn before. I have no thoughts. I have no feelings. I am nothing but a broken person. A shell of the woman I had worked so hard to become."

Parker is Tommy's best friend. The three of them grew up together and Parker and Tommy were always Katie's lifeline, her protectors, but as time went on Katie found herself falling in love with Parker. When Katie is 18 she finally thinks Parker has decided to make her his girl only to have him tell her it can't happen forcing her to run from home. It's been 7 years since Katie and Parker have seen each other, can he get Katie to ever forgive him?

"I loved him.
I still love him.
I hate that I still love him."


"I know it might not have seemed like it in the past, but I love you, Katie. Everything I've ever done has been for you."

Parker has been fighting with his own demons and regrets since Katie left town but having her back in his life makes him want to change and be a better man. He knows she has been thru hell but he wants to be her rock and help her thru her grief that is until one day when he learns a secret so big even he doesn't know how to handle it. Will learning this big secret destroy the relationship that Katie and Parker have worked so hard to build back up?

There was a few twists and turns along the way that left me speechless!!! Wow, I so did not see some of them coming at all!! How much heartbreak can one woman take??

Katie has blamed herself for so much in life, will she ever be able to come to terms with it and allow herself a second chance at life and love?

That ending.....OMG!!!!!!!! I don't even have words for it.

"You are mine and I am yours," I whisper into the darkness. "I always have been, and I always will be."

Grab a box of tissues and go one click this book now!! Even as heartbreaking as it is you will NOT regret it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment