Sunday, October 9, 2016

Wendy's Review: The Shepherd's Daughter by Lynn Winchester

31346482

Kindle Edition120 pages
Expected publication: October 11th 2016 by Charizomai Press





"Welcome to Dry Bayou, Texas, where Southern Charm meets the Wild West..." 

Ray MacAdams and Billy Ducharme have been best friends since her family moved to his ranch fourteen years ago to start a new sheep ranching operation. 

Through thick and thin, good and bad, fire and rain, their friendship has only gotten stronger—so strong that nothing could possibly break their bond, a bond that, for Ray, has suddenly changed from simply friends to something stronger and deeper… Something that makes her dream of days and nights beside the man she loves, something that makes her wish she were more than just the shepherd’s daughter. 

Then Billy’s mail order bride arrives. 

Rebecca DuCastille is everything Ray is not: refined, well-mannered, and pretty as a porcelain tea cup. How can Ray possibly compete for Billy’s heart when his new bride is everything he could want in a proper wife? 

Can the shepherd’s daughter convince her childhood friend that their love for one another goes beyond friendship, or will Billy marry the pretty interloper and leave Ray out to pasture?





Once I started this book I couldn't put it down till I finished! Was such a sweet western romance, which normally isn't my thing, but there I was, flipping the pages till the very end. I loved how the story unfolded from a child's first meeting with a hired hands daughter to them growing up/present day. I loved ray's character and her sweetness, the total honesty she possesses. And Billy, well let's just say that thank goodness his character was laid out to be such a good man, lol. I liked how the author pushed the point of what 'they' thought and let the story go with that and not what 'others' thought they should do. That was so refreshing, to pick up a book that was just straight forward without all the 'beating around the bush' nonsense that so many have anymore. I can see great potential here, in other stories following, because of the supporting characters and their involvement. If so I would read those as well, this book was just that good for me. Glad I picked it up to read, short and sweet and left me smiling.





No comments:

Post a Comment