Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review : The Marriage Price by Alma Katsu





 The Marriage Price   Amazon   (free)
DREAMS CAN COME TRUE—BUT THE PRICE IS STEEP in this short story from THE TAKER saga

Book Description:

Evangeline McDougal is the luckiest girl in St. Andrew, Maine. She’s to wed Jonathan St. Andrew, eldest son of the town’s founder and heir to the timber business that has made the St. Andrews one of the wealthiest families in the state.

Nor does it hurt that her bridegroom is so very handsome. Irresistible, in fact. And when rumors fly about her husband-to-be and several of the other girls in town. . . . What is Evangeline to think? There is a price to pay for her marriage to Jonathan, but surely it is worth the cost.

Isn’t it?

(Note: This story is intended for mature readers)


My Review ( or my disappointment)

 Not even enough of a story for a short story, not worth it. Didn't help much with the series, tells us really nothing.  I found nothing to even write a real review about.  There is nothing to this "short" story.  I wouldn't even call it a short story.  I would say more along the lines of 11 pages of absolutely nothing!  I was so disappointed because as you know I read books 1 & 2 of the series and was really looking forward to more from the series.  Even from such a minor character as Evangeline!  But I got NOTHING!  Don't even waste your time downloading this to your kindle, even if it is FREE!!!  I gave this one star on Goodreads  but I don't think it even deserves that!

No comments:

Post a Comment