Thursday, April 17, 2014

Review: Pretend by Sharlay

18802673
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 450 pages
Published November 20th 2012 
 

When April's boyfriend, Kyle breaks up with her she is heart broken. She can't seem to get over him, but when her best friend's brother poses as her boyfriend at a party to make Kyle jealous and it works, she hatches the perfect plan or so she thinks...Sometimes pretending isn't the best game to play especially when pretending can become real and especially when you're pretending with your best friend's brother.



I loved this book!! I seen the reviews on this book was half and half but I decided to give it a go and I am so glad I did.

When April's boyfriend Kyle breaks up with her she is devastated. She can't seem to get over him and isn't able to leave home for about 6 weeks. Finally her best friend Crystal is able to talk her into coming to her birthday party. When she arrives she notices Kyle and his new girlfriend Rachel are there so she tells Kyle she has moved on. When Kyle wants to know with who, Crystal's brother Aiden jumps in and says he is her new "boyfriend."

Soon April realizes she has true feelings for Aiden. The more time they spend together, the more her feelings grow but because Aiden is her best friends brother she thinks it would be breaking all the rules. Soon Aiden is able to break down her walls but what will happen when Crystal finds out? Will she end up losing Crystal or Aiden...or both?

There are so many twists and turns in this book, I could not put it down!! I needed to know what was going to happen next. I loved April but there was times I wanted to shake her and tell her to just tell Crystal she had true feelings for Aiden and get it over with.

I loved most of the secondary characters in this book. Aprils grandma and grandpa were such a hoot. I loved all of April and Aiden's friends. They were all so funny and I loved that they all stuck up for each other. I loved the epilogue. It takes place 8 years later and even though this book has a HEA it made me super happy to learn there would be a book 2. I am off to one click it now to see what all the gang is up to!!




No comments:

Post a Comment