Sunday, April 6, 2014

Review: Soulless by Gail Carriger

 
Mass Market Paperback, 373 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Orbit 


 Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations.


First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette.

Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire--and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate.

With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?


I was SO glad I ran across this book!! It had me wanting to highlight some of the lines for quotes later. Alexia was such a GREAT character and I simply LOVED her!! She most certainly was not a pushover woman and spoke her mind not caring what anyone thought!! And you best watch if she had that damn parasol with her!! lol... I have never read a Vampire/Werewolf book like this one...EVER. The only thing I didn't like was that I didn't run across this on earlier! All the characters were great....the supporting characters were written in just as well. My favorite being Alexia's Vampire friend Lord Akeldama (he was hilarious and it makes you want to know someone like him!) who would guarantee you some good laughs. I found myself laughing at some of the situations, smiling at the quick wittiness of Alexia and trying to 'oogle' Lord Maccon through the white and black smeared across my pages! LOL This is a MUST READ and will certainly be different from any of the other Vampire/Werewolf books you have read! You have NOTHING to lose....now I simply must find her next book in the Parasol Protectorate!! I would love to see something like this in a T.V. show cause I am sure that it would be GREAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment