Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Author Interview: Erica Lynn

Today I had the pleasure of chatting with author Erica Lynn.
Image may contain: 6 people, text

*Where is your favorite vacation spot?
The water is my happy place, so put me next to an ocean, river, or lake and I'm a happy gal! There's something so beautiful about being in that sort of environment. Puts me right at peace.

*What's your favorite summer time activity?  For me: swimming, or reading by the pool
While vacations and such are great, I have to say my favorite thing to do in the summer is to blow up the kiddie pool or turn on the sprinklers and let my girls (6 and 3) have at it. The neighbor kids will usually come over and the adults will BBQ. On really great nights we'll bust out the outdoor movie projector and put on a kid's movie when the sun starts to go down. I love the idea of my girls having those memories. ❤

*What's one thing on your Amazon Wish List that would be surprising?  
Hmm... you know, I actually don't have anything I'm wishing for. Maybe that's the surprise! haha 

*Who did you last have lunch with?
I just got back from a writer's retreat at my wonderful friend Robin Hill's house. She's a writer as well (first book due out soon) and she throws a retreat in the summer. So for the past few days lunches were spent with my husband, Robin, and the other guests. SO much fun.

*What time do you typically wake up in the mornings?
During the work week I get up around 5:30am, and with small kids I'm lucky to sleep in at all on the weekends. If my kids wait until 7am to wake me up on Saturday or Sunday, then I'm winning!

*In 3 sentences, can you tell us a little about your most recent book? 
Desiring Lacey is a story I think most of us can relate to. We all get in ruts in life, just go through the motions, forget who we are. She's finding herself, emotionally and sexually, and the journey is fun, sweet, and HAWT. ðŸ˜‰


*How hard was it coming up with a title for the latest book?
The title, Desiring Lacey, was actually not hard at all. Lacey is a character that's been with me for a little over a year, and I was just waiting around to see how she and her story would manifest. I wasn't sure if she'd be a character on my website, my newsletter, novellas... but one day she said enough is enough and made me write her novel. Desiring Lacey as the title immediately fit. 

*How does your family feel about your books?
My husband is so incredibly supportive. He's always telling people about my books or bragging. I'm definitely blessed to have him behind me. My girls are still little, but my 6 year old thinks it's so neat that Mommy writes books. I can't wait to hear what she thinks of them many, many, MANY years from now. LOL

*When did you know you wanted to be an author?
I've always loved writing and reading, but it didn't hit me until about a year and a half ago. I'd begun reading erotic romance, Tessa Bailey, and I kept thinking, "I think I can do this." I told my husband, he said I needed to go for it, and I sat down and began writing Her Husband's Brother. I sent it out and Loose Id, LLC bit, and now I have 4 novellas with them, a self-published novel, and another one on the way. It's been amazing and I can't wait to see where it all goes.

*What's the last book you read?  what's your thoughts on it?
The last book I read was Needing Him, by Jeanne St. James. I loved it. She has an Obsessed series, and they're all novellas. I adore novellas. With a husband, kids, full time job, AND trying to write, I like to be able to sit down with a quick, sexy, easy read and get lost for a little bit. Novellas rock!!!

*Do you put parts of your own personality into your characters?
I absolutely put parts of myself in my characters. They're all a mix of who I am, who I want to be, who my friends are... Actually the heroines in my Love and Justice Series (Her Husband's Brother, Cuff Me, and In the Shadows), are all loosely based on my two best friends and me. They got such a kick out of knowing I used them for inspiration! 

* Do you write full time or do you have a full time job and write on the off time/hours?
Unfortunately I have a full time job and write when I can squeeze it in. I'm hoping once my 3 year old gets into school I can quit and write full time. It'd be so wonderful to have more time to devote to my stories.


Erica Lynn lives in Houston, TX with her husband, daughters, and dogs. She's a self professed reality TV junkie, and loves to settle down with a glass of wine to watch The Real Housewives. She loves books in all sorts of genres, but erotic romance holds a special place in her heart.


Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/2hKsMqv



No comments:

Post a Comment