Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review for That Girl by HJ Bellus

 
 
 
 
Synopsis
 
This book is about That Girl…

The girl who leaves behind her past, including her name; runs away from home and vows to never let another identity claim her again. Broken dreams, an abusive step-dad and ugly memories from her childhood are the only shattered remnants that have the ability to haunt her.

With no money, an endless blank slate laying ahead of her and no hopes for the future, she sets out to survive at minimum wage jobs, moving from town to town, changing her name with each move, and never allowing glimpses of her past to threaten her empty future.
Average in every way, from her looks to her personality and even her style, there is not much to remember about her. When she abandons one town for another, she leaves behind her fake identity in the search of the next one, while leaving people asking themselves, “I wonder what ever became of that girl.”

This was her reality until Lincoln Wilks.

The number one defensive football player in Fort Collins who finally names That Girl.
 
 
 
 

I seriously LOVED this book!! Once I picked it up, I was hooked!! My heart broke for "That Girl" from the very start. Having lived a horrible life that no child should ever have to go thru she promises herself that the day she turns 18 she is gone, never to be hurt or broken again. The second she takes off she is determined to never stop or become attached to anyone or anything......until the day she meets Lincoln Wilks. She tries to run, she really does but Lincoln is determined to not let her go.
"I can't do this" I whisper.
"Oakley or Jodie, whatever the hell you want to be called, you don't have a choice in this situation. The moment I saw your brown eyes, I've been hypnotized. I think about you during the day and at night before I go to bed. I just want a chance to get to know you."


OMG, I LOVE Lincoln!!! He is so sweet and patient with "That Girl" I love that even though he has some struggles of his own with his family he is bound and determined to protect "her" at all costs.

"I'll give you a name you'll be proud of, a first and last name that will erase all memories of that girl. Your past will no longer haunt you with me at your side. I'm all in."

Other than a few, I really loved all the characters, especially Tiny and Jules (they reallllyyy need their own book PLEASE)I also loved seeing all the names of the names of the My Way Girls thru out the story. This book will make you laugh, make you cry, make you mad and make your heart stop there for a few pages near the end (OMG, Heidi I was about to come hunt you down woman!!) but I absolutely LOVED it!!!

You will def want to go one click this book. Always remember..... "It's just pizza!"
 
 
 
 
This is my 5 star review for That Girl by HJ Bellus for Eskimo Princess Book Reviews.
 
That Girl was a wonderful, heartfelt read for me. That Girl was young, beautiful, yet totally scarred. She has a past that she wants so hard to keep in the past. She has a future that scares her feet into constantly running. When she meets Lincoln Wilks, will he give her a reason to stop running? Or will he give That Girl her biggest reason to run?
 
Lincoln Wilks is the total package. He is young, handsome, caring, and athletic. He has things that haunt him like the rest of us but he never lets them get him down. Will he be able to give That Girl a reason to stay in one place? Will his girl turn and run the first chance she gets?
 
All I can say is Lincoln = SWOON!!! I totally fell for Linc, he was an AMAZING hero! He was strong and supportive and most of all patient. I also thought that “That Girl” was a pretty great heroine. I totally understood her need to constantly keep herself moving. This book was emotional, loving, and even HOTTT at times. I loved the little My Way snippet that we got in the book as well! Thanks Heidi for that! The only bad thing I can say about That Girl is I wish there was more. Why oh why did it have to end? : )
 
I highly recommend this book to anyone who has read The My Way series. To anyone who hasn’t read any of HJ’s work, please, please, get to reading! You won’t be disappointed!
 Never forget, It’s Just Pizza!
 
 
 
 

I am an independent author excited about releasing my first novel very soon. A big dream coming true!!! I'm all country...the kinda country where green grass grows and corn pops up in rows....love Miranda and her bad ass music!!! Just a simple country girl getting one story out of her head at a time...I always fall hard for a trucker style hat...especially if it's a John Deere hat....loves me a good ol' farm boy!!!!!!
 
 

twitter hjbellus    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment