Monday, January 20, 2014

Review: Holding On (Lights of Peril #1) by A.C. Bextor


Kindle Edition, 351 pages
Published October 14th 2013 by A.C. Bextor 

  This novel contains material that is not suitable for individuals under the age of 18. Content includes: drug use, explicit language, violence, rape, and other scenarios with content that readers may find offensive. Please use caution when deciding on this book, as every reader has the right to understand the product before purchase.


This book is one of two and does not contain an exact HEA as the reader may expect, yet.

“You are mine. You’ve been mine since you took those training wheels off that pink bike of yours and fell at my feet. Never even cried, you didn’t. Just sat on my lap trusting that I had you. Well I have you now, baby. You’re grown up, you’re a woman, and you’re mine. Mine.”

That’s Shame. My brothers best friend and the Vice President of Lights of Peril MC. Along with my best friend Sadey, we’ve all grown up together. I don’t have a memory that isn’t surrounded by the four of us.

Years together as friends and often times in the face of adversity has led Shame, Hem, Mace, and Sadey to share their lives now as adults.

Sadey and Mace have been best friends since they were five years old. As a child, teenager, and then young woman, Sadey longed for Hem to notice her. As years passed, she vowed to save all of herself for him with the hope that one day he would see her as the woman she was turning herself into, not just the child he remembers.

Mace and Hem are siblings that grew up in a small town in the Midwest. Sharing the same mother, Mace’s father refuses to accept Hem as his own, leading him to a life similar to that of his biological father.

Hem never set out to be President of the Lights of Peril Motorcycle Club, but when he left home at 17 to find the acceptance he was so desperate for, he ended up finding Doc. After Doc's passing Hem was determined to lead Peril into a clean existence.

The story is about love, heartache, and tragedy.

Sometimes we search our whole lives for something we think we are missing, only to find out what we had with us is what we were looking for all along.


After being in a serious book slump I knew only one thing could bring me out of it...a hot, sexy biker book!! After doing a lot of research I came across Holding On.......OMG, this book DEF did the trick for me!! The prologue had me HOOKED!! I needed more!!

This story follows 4 people and is being told in Mace's POV.

Mace- I loved her!! She was feisty and badass when she needed to be. She is the sister to Hem and has had a crush on Shame since 7 years old.
Sadey- Mace's best friend from the age of 5. Has always been in love with Hem and is blind to anything else around her.
Hem- Mace's brother and President of Peril's MC- I Loved Hem. He loved his sister and Sadey and would truly do anything for either of them and in the end he proves that!!
Shame- Hem's best friend and VP of Peril's MC-Holy HOTNESS!!! You want to love him and at times you want to hate him but he stole my heart from the start!!

I loved the relationship that the 4 of them shared!! Hem and Shame have always shielded and protected the girls from as much as possible since they were kids.

Except for a few, I loved the secondary characters. At first I thought I would hate Kegs and Cherry but once they stood up to Shame...my feelings changed. I loved that Mace and Sadey took them in as their girls. Ace......OMG, I love Ace, I am sooo torn right now!! My heart breaks for him!! I need to know if he will get a HEA!!!

OK now the hard part....The ending......OMG, my heart is breaking, I am a big crying blubbering mess!!! All I can think is NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! What will happen now? Will any of them get their HEA? I need book 2 NOW!!

AC Bextor, my thought for you now....BRAVO, AMAZING, GREAT JOB!!! I could go on and on. I loved how you kept me in this book and even after I have finished it, it is all I can think about!!!! You Rock!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment