Sunday, February 9, 2014

Review: Ever Shade by Alexia Purdy

12028090
Kindle Edition, 3, 306 pages
Published October 25th 2012 by Lyrical Lit. Publishing


A dark twist on Faeries.

For Shade, a chance meeting with a powerful Teleen faery warrior who wields electrical currents and blue fires along his skin has her joining him on a treacherous mission for the good Seelie Faerie Court across the land of Faerie. Magic and malice abound and nothing is what it really seems to be.

The evil Unseelie Queen and her treacherous allies are round every corner as Shade makes her way across the breathtaking landscapes of the world of Faerie, which exists alongside the mundane human world. Shade discovers her own uncharted magic and meets some of the most powerful warriors in Faerie while battling evil dryads, conniving Teleen guards and challenges on her life with every step in a world where nothing can be taken for granted


Ok.  I didn't hate this book and I didn't love it. I actually felt like Shade- Can this really be happening.  This is just too much. 
I have read lots of fantasy and fairy books, they all try to include fairies, unicorns, trolls, and witches.  But just randomly putting a Fae subject in just to do so doesn't work. 
The writing was good, I just don't think I like the actual story telling.  Although, there were times I was very drawn into the story.  Then there were times I just wanted to get through it all together.
I was left at the end wondering what happened, but I don't think I want to finish the series.
I only give 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment